[Exim] Re: RBL Domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: Mark S. Guz
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: RBL Domains
+++ Mark S. Guz [exim-users] <18/07/01 17:28 +0100>:
> I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I was woken up this
> morning by my monitoring service telling me that all 5 of my mail relays
> had gone down. A little investigation led me to see that they were not
> down but taking a long time to respond. It turns out this is due to a
> duff server in the rbl domains.

If by "duff" you mean inoperable / inactive, then

1. Don't use relays.orbs.org - it's dead and at least one of the secondaries
is so tired of thousands of nameservers pounding on his defunct orbs
secondary that he'll be returning 127.0.0.1 with long TTLs for each query.

2. The MAPS lists (RBL, RSS and DUL) have become non-free with effect from
July 31. You'll have to pay them (or if you are a small / hobby site, then
they'll give you discounts upto 100% but you still have to register) and ask
them to add an ACL for your nameserver.

> This message is confidential and may contain privileged information. You
> should not disclose its contents to any other person. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please notify the sender named above immediately.

If that disclaimer applies, my .sig should apply too ...

    --suresh

--
mallet@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
By opening and reading this message you hereby agree to buy me champagne and