Re: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start.

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Exim Users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start. [soleil]
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start.
* Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock@???> [20010709 07:40]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start.'
Phil> On 2001-07-08 at 16:39 +0300, Odhiambo Washington gifted us with:
Phil> > This might interest some of us.
Phil>
Phil> Whoever it interests, you're not doing yourself any favours by posting
Phil> to a mailing list asking for help when you don't accept email unless
Phil> people go out of their way to meet your whims.

This is rather OT:

I am sorry about this. However, if someone has got a better and painless (not creating enemies out of
potential friends) way of dealing with unsolicited Commercial E-mails, I am very much willing to
implement that, so that I don't get blacklisted by the good crowd.
I'm sure everyone on a couple of mailing lists receive SPAM at some point or another. I don't subcribe
to any of those silly Internet biz hoaxes but i still end up getting my SPAM folder full every week. Not
that I am trying to justify the annoyance I've caused anyone, including Phil Pennock (_i'm deeply
sorry_) but just soliciting better ideas that are better than what I do now.

For the time being I'll always put a note in all my postings kindly requesting those who elect to reply
to my personal address to simply add the word 'soleil' to the subject line. Sounds like what Hennock
calls 'people go out of their way to meet your whims', that I sincerely regret, since I could have taken
this initiative initially and I'm sure it couldn't have cost so much agony than it already done.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Now, in reality, the world have paid too great a compliment to critics, and
have imagined them to be men of much greater profundity then they really are.
-Henry Fielding
(contributed by Chris Johnston)