RE: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start.

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim-3.31 refuses to start.
Odhiambo Washington <Monday, July 09, 2001 12:14 PM>

> I am sorry about this. However, if someone has got a better and painless
> (not creating enemies out of potential friends) way of dealing with
> unsolicited Commercial E-mails, I am very much willing to implement that,
> so that I don't get blacklisted by the good crowd.

Whitelisting, as you discovered, has its pitfalls. I guess what you could
do is to reject mail based on RBL + RSS + DUL, refuse to accept mail from
"bad" addresses (which don't resolve, have screwed dns etc), and a local
blacklist as well.

    --suresh