Re: [Exim] spam filter integration

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc MERLIN
CC: John Jetmore, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] spam filter integration
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/gnusrc/gnu/dist/sendmail/libmilter/README?rev=1.7&content-type=text/plain

Netscape seems to have trouble with that URL ("Some aspect of the HTTP
Request is invalid:). But no matter. You've given me the basic info.

> Basically, milters let you plug in anywhere in the SMTP dialog and run an
> check you wish.

So far in Exim 4, I have implemented access to ACLs at the RCPT, DATA,
VRFY, EXPN, and ETRN commands. This, I feel is a basic set to start
with, to see how it works out.

Within ACLs you can access expansion strings, and if the proposed "run"
expansion is implemented, you'll be able to run any command.

There is also a proposal to allow for linking arbitrary code with Exim.
I have not got down to working through this in detail yet.

> Exim does (built in) what I'd need to write milters in sendmail for, but
> then if there is something I need and exim doesn't do, a milter (mail
> filter) lets you write this reasonably easily while being detached from the
> main MTA code in case you crash, leak, whatever.

I think Exim 4 has essentially this functionality. (Linked-in code is
not, of course, detached, so is more dangerous.) However, I'm certain
Exim's syntax etc is different to anything Sendmail does.