Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > > [Philip: This above is based on an old thread on news.admin.net-abuse.email
> > > I believe. If you would like, could you check with the people at MAPS and
> > > perhaps deprecate the /warn option?]
> >
> > Please do not remove the option.
> >
> > RBL should not be trying to dictate what people use the RBL for, since
> > it weakens their "We arent rejecting your mail, we just publish the
> > lists, and individual sysadmins can decide what to do about it" stance
> > which (should) absolve them of any liability.
>
> I agree with the last paragraph. I will try to remember to write some
> words about educating users to what warnings mean when I rewrite the
> relevant documentation for Exim 4.

Higly customizable reject messages/warnings would be desirable too, so
that instead of referring people to the MAPS (or other) website, an ISP
could implement something like:

And then someone could get crufty with a cgi script that would both
output some 'educational' material about what the warnings were and why
they were there, as well as the URL to actually lookup the entry on the
relevant RBL's website. (Something like the "Data" one could be included
to simplify MUA filtering, once someone was educated and decided they
wanted to do that)