[Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Rick Byers
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
Hi,
I'm setting up Exim for a medium sized ISP. They want to use the RBL to
refuse mail that is likely to be spam, but they don't think they can get
away with doing this without offering users the option to opt-out.

So far I've enabled RBL checking in Warning (X-RBL-Warning header) mode.
I was thinking of setting up a system-wide per-address filter which would
fail all messages with an X-RBL-Warning header EXCEPT when the $local_part
matches one from a list. Will this work? Is there a better way?

It would be really nice if there was some way (like the normal RBL reject)
to prevent a message from even being accepted if none of the recipients
have opted out of the spam filter. Bounce messages due to spam really
clutter up our outgoing mail queue (typically have about 1000 at any given
time).

Thanks,
    Rick