Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL filtering on a per-user basis
Rick Byers [exim-users] <22/06/01 17:57 -0400>:
> So far I've enabled RBL checking in Warning (X-RBL-Warning header) mode.
> I was thinking of setting up a system-wide per-address filter which would
> fail all messages with an X-RBL-Warning header EXCEPT when the $local_part
> matches one from a list. Will this work? Is there a better way?

The RBL folks have apparently said that they dont want people running rbl in
/warn mode. Apparently, seeing this header has led several lusers to
complain to MAPS that "The RBL is hacking my mailbox!!!" (after a largish
dialup provider stateside started using this feature).

[Philip: This above is based on an old thread on news.admin.net-abuse.email
I believe. If you would like, could you check with the people at MAPS and
perhaps deprecate the /warn option?]

     -suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <--> mallet <at> efn <dot> org