Re: [Exim] LDAP or DB ?

Góra strony
Autor: Cherubini Enrico
Dla: Oliver Egginger
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] LDAP or DB ?
Ciao,
Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:16:07PM +0000, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> What your requirements (circumstantiate) ?

I have only to build this mailserver that will manage, I suppose it will,
about 2000 users...there will be (initially) 2 customers that will give
emails away, and they have not to see each other emails, that's why I
supposed LDAP or DB will be useful...and 'cause I want to learn how to use
exim deeper than standard configuration ;)

> Do you only want two sets of users ?

yes, but only at the beginning. They can increase and I have to be able to
increase them easily. Well, every set of users will contain different domain
and aliases...

> I think in this case both (SQL and LDAP) are exaggeratedly.
> Do you sure enough that you need a Query-Style lookup?

no, I'm not sure, but I supposed, based on what I heard around, that they
can help administer the server...

> If you are not know what a directory service is, I think you
> better elect a SQL database, cause you will (maybe) get more help
> if you run into difficulties.

mmhh...maybe I'll look at DB first...I 'feel' it faster to build up...

Thanks for your support...

--

Bye
                            +--------+ Maybe you are searching for freedom
                            | Enrico |    Maybe you can't find it anywhere
                            +--------+          I found it in linux.......

``I think he has a Napoleonic concept of himself and his company, an arrogance
    that derives from power and unalloyed success, with no leavening hard
 experience, no reverses,'' Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson says of Bill Gates.