Re: [Exim] Overhaul of FreeBSD port for Exim

Góra strony
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Dla: Barry Pederson
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Overhaul of FreeBSD port for Exim

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:35:50 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > How about enabling IPv6 support in the port? (seeing as how so many
> > other FreeBSD bits now do IPv6 too) I did it by hand last night just
> > with adding:
> >
> > HAVE_IPV6=yes
>
> If this produces an Exim binary that runs fine on a FreeBSD box that has
> no IPv6 support, I'll do it.

No such luck. When IPv6 support is not compiled into the kernel, Exim
fails to bind and listen to the IPv4 port:

2001-06-12 19:13:30 socket bind() to port 25 for address (any) failed: Invalid argument: waiting before trying again

While IPv6 support is compiled into the FreeBSD kernel by default these
days, there are still a _lot_ of people who compile custom kernels
without it. So the FreeBSD package for Exim can't go out with IPv6
support compiled in by default.

However, I'll add a hook so that you can build the port with IPv6 support
as follows:

    cd /path/to/ports/mail/exim
    make -DWITH_IPV6

Ciao,