[Exim] Re: Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs
In <20010611150214.A7761@???> ivan.beveridge@??? (Ivan Beveridge) writes:

>> Another nice feature you get with Maildir is a simple to
>> implement ability to expire read mail for your users, if your policies
>> allow you to do this.

>What - you mean with a "find -mtime | xargs rm" type command? :)

Yup. What could be simpler? :) Narrowing it to look only in new lets you
watch out for users building up huge piles of unread mail too.

Personally, I much prefer to run jobs like this as batches in off hours
rather than have the mail server or delivery client stat the filesystem
every time it's accessed.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.