Re: [Exim] Re: Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs

Author: Ivan Beveridge
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs
On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 01:36:03PM -0700, John Henders wrote:
> I haven't had much time to look at Reiserfs. Is there any test data on
> how efficiently it handles lots of small files in a directory as
> compared to ext2fs? Ext2fs is fairly poor at huge number of files in a
> directory. This was likely to be more of a problem with news than mail
> though.

It is supposed to be _very_ good for large number of files in a dir - that's
one of its "selling" points.

> Another nice feature you get with Maildir is a simple to
> implement ability to expire read mail for your users, if your policies
> allow you to do this.

What - you mean with a "find -mtime | xargs rm" type command? :)

Cheers

Ivan
--
Ivan Beveridge         Systems Architect          SportBusiness Group
<ivan@???>                 http://www.sportbusiness.com