Re: [Exim] Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs

Author: Ivan Beveridge
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Strange problem whilst using Reiserfs
(I was going to reply to Don's reply to this, but I couldn't be bothered
with shuffling around the mail and adding the missing quoting :)

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:06:19PM +0100, John Burnham wrote:
> > Are you, by any chance, running qpopper? I have seen this happen once or
> > twice on such (thanks to the Lines: command being mangled, iirc - I dont
> run
> > qpopper)
> >
> Yeah, I am actually. Hmm, on my previous mail server I didn't have any
> problems with it. Oh well, I have changed my POP3 server and will see if the
> problem goes away. Thanks to all those who helped.

Don mentioned that he had the problem, but used uw-imap, and moving to ext2
fixed it. If there is still a problem with reiserfs, this is a bit of a pain,
as I would want to use some kind of journalling FS (I guess xfs or possibly
jfs is an option).

Anyway, I was wondering if using maildir as a format, rather than normal
mbox, would alleviate the problem. Obviously it doesn't fix the root of the
problem, but just tries something else. I'm not sure how you could easily
convert from mbox to maildir, but it may be an option.

Cheers

Ivan
--
Ivan Beveridge         Systems Architect          SportBusiness Group
<ivan@???>                 http://www.sportbusiness.com