Re: [Exim] Notes on Exim 3.22 via Redhat 7.1

Góra strony
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Notes on Exim 3.22 via Redhat 7.1
Karl Schmidt wrote:

> This pertains to rpm-exim-10.i386.rpm and most likely folks that are
> upgrading to this RPM

Hmmm ... I'm a roll-your-own man, began with Exim on SCO OpenServer 5
and UnixWare 7 and always compiled/configured my own.

We now have 4 x Exim 3.22 production servers running on RedHat 7.0
machines; compiling _anything_ on RedHat with gcc is a cinch compared to
the above platforms (let alone Solaris 8) and I really would advise this
for Exim rather than installing rpms.

The point is, that there are so many compile-time and personal
extras/choices possible when rolling one's own, that this surely should
be the choice of the dedicated MA. Or not?

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Field Engineer Unix Internet, Security, Messaging
Landis Enterprise Networks
mailto:tearnshaw@landis.nl
tel.: +31 30 248 9198
fax: +31 30 241 22 42