[Exim] Notes on Exim 3.22 via Redhat 7.1

Góra strony
Autor: Karl Schmidt
Dla: exim-users
CC: twaugh
Temat: [Exim] Notes on Exim 3.22 via Redhat 7.1
This pertains to rpm-exim-10.i386.rpm and most likely folks that are
upgrading to this RPM

This RPM stomps on /etc/aliases and exim.conf but backs them up nicely.

I thought it might be best to "go with the flow" and moved from my own
home-brewed rpm to the official Redhat Exim rpm as I'm moving to RH7.1.

They of course used a different exim_uid and GID than I did. I also had to
create the mail user and mail group. UID = 8 GID = 12 It seems you HAVE to
name the user and group mail for the rpm install to work? ( I would of
rather the GUID be eximg and the UID be exim) . You will also find the
UID/GID mentioned in you exim.conf file and will have to change it there
also. (Seems like I had to change a directory owner somewhere?)

It also moves /etc/exim/exim.conf to rpmsave.conf and expects exim.conf to
live directly in /etc/

Other than these upgrading notes, this rpm of Exim should make it easier to
install and configure on Redhat for new users. (no more db questions<grin>)

This rpm is available via http://rpmfind.net there are 3 RPMs exim, the
documentation, and exim monitor.

Beginning users should print out the manuals and have them spiraled bound -
put a flag on the Index - this is often the place to start looking. Read
the command line section - pay attention to the debug flag. There are nice
command flags for testing just about everything. If you are still lost,
search this news list via http://www.exim.org/ . You will also want to order
the O'Reily book (due out this month) if for no other reason to see the
coolest O'reily cover animal yet.

The RPM comes compiled with perl. I've attached the local-makefile.patch
which will show how this RPM is configured.

Karl Schmidt (ks150)     EMail Karl@???
Transtronics, Inc.       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street     Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049       FAX(785) 841-0434