Re: [Exim] sendmail -> exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ivan Beveridge
A: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sendmail -> exim
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:09:29PM +0200, Cherubini Enrico wrote:
> I have a milserver based on sendmail (the official one), but I switched to
> exim all others. Now I have to set up another official mailserver to handle
> some domain, so I would like to know if and how exim can do what I'm doing
> with sendmail:
> a) I habe a list of domain handled by sendmail in an external file called
> sendmail.cw (from sendmail.cf line Fw-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw), is there a
> way to handle a similar external file without adding domain in exim.conf ?

Yes. You can either specify it as a local_domain in exim.conf (although you
say you don't want this), or you can reference a file from within exim.conf,
and add it to that file. See the exim documentation (lsearch, for a simple
text-based file).

> b) I have many users that have the same name, so I rewrite them basing on
> the domain, i.e. info@??? is written in info.d1 malbox,
> info@??? is written in info.d2 mailbox etc..all these rules are in
> another file called virtusertable. Is there a way to handle this in similar
> way ? (line Kvirtuser hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable)

You can do this with alias files, or (more cleanly) with a filter rule.

> All that because there are other tech that are not really able with linux so
> I don't want the keep their hands on exim.conf...

The best thing to do is check out the exim documentation (either with the
source code that you have, or on the exim website (www.exim.org). There
is also a FAQ, with examples.

Cheers

Ivan
--
Ivan Beveridge         Systems Architect          SportBusiness Group
<ivan@???>                 http://www.sportbusiness.com