Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic (kind of) solved!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sam Michaels
A: Andrew D
Cc: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Heavy traffic (kind of) solved!
> the smtp service bit refers to ur /etc/services file if you are trying to
> secure ur box by stopping services in inetd.conf fine, but never remove
> entries from /etc/services as a lot of apps use this to look up ports for
> standard services.
> put the entry in that file that I suggested and that will stop that
> particular problem.

I know...but it couldn't access the services file because of too many open
files on the system...

> not knowing what os a Netwinder runs there is prob some files in
> /proc/sys/fs/ that determine how many files you can have open on your box
> at once. (most likely a file called file-max) though u will have to check
> this out. google is ur best bet :)

Steve Haslam's message cleared this up..it was 'file-max'. So, I increased
it from 4096 to 8192 but then it just kept going until it consumed all
available resources:

[Jun 1 2001 13:14:02] Unexpected return code: 421 xxx.xxx.xxx: Fork failed
: Resource temporarily unavailable

Is there a way to limit the number of children processes?

-Sam