Re: [Exim] sendmail -> exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bart van Dommelen
A: Cherubini Enrico, exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sendmail -> exim
Hi,

The manual says at line 2730:

There has been some confusion about the way lsearch lookups work, in
particular in domain and host lists. An item in one of these lists may be a
plain file name, or a file name preceded by a search type, and these behave
differently. For a plain file name, for example

local_domains = /etc/local-mail-domains

each line of the file is treated as if it appeared as an item in the list, and
negated items, wild cards, and regular expressions may be present. However, if
an item is specified as an lsearch lookup, for example

local_domains = lsearch;/etc/local-mail-domains

then negated items, wild cards, and regular expressions may not be used,
because lsearch is an indexed lookup method which, when given a key (the
domain in the above example), yields a data value that corresponds to that
key. The fact that the file is searched linearly does not make this kind of
search any different from the other single-key lookup types, and an lsearch
file can always be directly converted into one of the other types without
change of function. Thus the keys in lsearched files are literal strings and
are not interpreted in any way.

And your second question can be found at line 10165:

local_parts

     Type:    string-list
     Default: unset

     If this option is set, the string is expanded, and is then interpreted as
     a colon-separated list. Because of the expansion, if any of the items
     contain backslash or dollar characters, they must be escaped with a
     backslash. This applies in particular to any query-style lookup that uses
     the $key variable, because otherwise it gets expanded too early. If the
     string is given in quotes, backslashes have to be escaped a second time.

     The driver is run only if the local part of the address matches the list,
     which is tested in the same way as a domain list and which may therefore
     include plain file names, file lookups, and negation. Because the string
     is expanded, it is possible to make it depend on the domain, for example:

       local_parts = dbm;/usr/local/specials/$domain

     If the match is achieved by a lookup, then the data that the lookup
     returned for the local part is placed in the variable $local_part_data for
     use in expansions of the driver's private options. You might use this
     option, for example, if you have a large number of local virtual domains,
     and you want to send all postmaster mail to the same place without having
     to set up an alias in each virtual domain:

       postmaster:
         local_parts = postmaster
         driver = smartuser
         new_address = postmaster@???

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but it will give you a hint
where to search for more information and how things work in Exim. I also
advise you to download all documentation (if not present) and read it
carefully.

Regards,

Bart van Dommelen.