Re: [Exim] filtering on email attachments

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Marsh, Ian
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [Exim] filtering on email attachments

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Marsh, Ian wrote:

> I realise that this is somewhat 'off topic' for this list but please help
> as I'm running out of ideas fast!
>
> I have been working on a method to quarantine emails that contain certain
> attachments (word and excel documents specifically) and have been able to do
> so using the 'generic attachment system filter' that I found in the list
> archives. Whilst I accept that this is not really the job of an MTA, I have
> not been able to find an alternative application that does what we need (ie:
> letting the end user accept the responsibility for the document rather than
> an admin user).
>
> Unfortunately the powers that be only want documents that contain macros
> to be quarantined rather than every document and I have no idea how to do
> this! I realise that the attachments will need to be decoded and then passed
> to <some program> to check for the presence of macros, so far I have been
> unable to locate such a program.... If it can be done within Perl then that
> will be fine as I can then do the entire filter in perl.

What format will these documents be in? (There are certainly more than
one that support 'macros', although a certain one comes to mind as the
most suspect). You will need a program that runs on your MTA platform,
that can read that format of document and tell you if it has any macros.
I suggest you contact that vendor of the software that produces this
document type and ask either for specifications for that format (so that
you might be able to produce your own program), or a program that will
do that. You will find that they will probably laugh at you, since they
are more interested in making money than in making things work.