RE: [Exim] rewriting From: based on To:

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] rewriting From: based on To:

And what do you want it to do if you send a message to a mix of
addressees, some which are @nick.ecks.org, and some which are not? Exim
maintains only one copy of the message and its headers, you can't
rewrite for some deliveries and not for others.

It is a good idea to have your email address be valid in any context.
If this is a concept of filling different shoes depending on who you are
talking to (or even what you are talking about), then if your MUA
supports "Roles" or "Identities" (At the very least, I know pine and
MSOE do), that may be a better way to go. (Then you can choose which
sender to be, even when sending a message to mixed recipients, or even
based on the content of the mail)