Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: S. Joel Bernstein
Cc: Hans Ginzel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation
On Tue, 22 May 2001, S. Joel Bernstein wrote:

> IANAE, but I think you are going about this in the wrong way. You want exim
> to pass all mail through another smtp server, correct?
>
> In this case, use the "route_append:" router from the default exim.conf like
> so:
>
> route_append:
>     transport = remote_smtp
>     driver = domainlist
>     route_list = "* my.smtp.server.com byname"

> You then need to setup the remote server to allow relaying from your IP.

Apparently, that cant be done, so he has to get relay permission via
SMTP-auth. Exim supports SMTP authentication.

> When your server connects to the MS exchange server, it will authenticate
> with standard smtp commands (HELO/EHLO) and relay the message.

HELO/EHLO has absolutely nothing to do with authentication.

> This seems so fundamentally simple (to me) that I am wondering whether I
> missed your point entirely... Your other options could involve BSMTP
> (Batched mails sent together), IMAP etc, but I can't see any problems with
> the solution outlined above...

The only problem I see is that people seem to think exim is an 'email
client' like Outlook or Eudora. It is not. Exim is a 'mail server'
program. If all you have is an individual POP (or IMAP) account with an
ISP or company, exim really isnt the right tool for you.