Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: S. Joel Bernstein
A: Hans Ginzel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] smtp authorisation
IANAE, but I think you are going about this in the wrong way. You want exim
to pass all mail through another smtp server, correct?

In this case, use the "route_append:" router from the default exim.conf like
so:

route_append:
    transport = remote_smtp
    driver = domainlist
    route_list = "* my.smtp.server.com byname"

You then need to setup the remote server to allow relaying from your IP.
When your server connects to the MS exchange server, it will authenticate
with standard smtp commands (HELO/EHLO) and relay the message.

This seems so fundamentally simple (to me) that I am wondering whether I
missed your point entirely... Your other options could involve BSMTP
(Batched mails sent together), IMAP etc, but I can't see any problems with
the solution outlined above...

Hope this helps,
Joel