[Exim] ident queries?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sascha E. Pollok
A: exim-users
Cc: sv
Asunto: [Exim] ident queries?
Dear folks,

we are doing ident-queries within all SMTP-sessions
that come in from remote networks. One of our
customers is currently in trouble with a company
that is trying to send email to him because
the remote firewall-admin is discarding ident-queries.
My questions, although it might be slightly OT here, are:

 a) Is there a common opinion whether ident is a good or
    a bad thing?

 b) Is it a good decision to discard ident-connections towards
    a SMTP-server instead of rejecting them? IMHO exim should
    give up with ident queries in case the connection is
    rejected or am I wrong here?

Of course I could except this single host from sending
ident-queries but I'd like to get a general advice on this.

tia,
Sascha

---
Sascha E. Pollok