RE: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Juha Saarinen
Cc: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> :: I also agree with that. If you only own one machine, then you are indeed
> :: better off with one MX because you control the access policy.
>
> So there's no practical way to implement access controls on a back-up MX, if
> you see what I mean?

It depends on how much control you have over the back-up, of course. If
the back-up is nearly a clone of the primary than of course you can
implement things.

Using ssh or rsync or something to copy various files from one machine to
the other via cron can keep access lists is relative sync.

But remember, you want the back-up for when the primary is down, so I
can't usefully force the back-up to somehow query the primary as to
whether it would accept something.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg