Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Juha Saarinen
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 11:45:41PM +1200, Juha Saarinen wrote:
> Thanks, Ollie, that's very useful input. I was kind of hoping that there'd
> be a workaround of sorts that would let me keep the back-up MX, but also let
> me implement the same access controls that I have on the primary MX.

> So, just to absolutely sure (and because I'm a total bonehead), there's no
> way I could for instance use another Exim-equipped host as MX back-up, and
> have it check a blocked senders file, before forwarding queued-up mail to
> the primary MX?

If you were controlling the backup exim MX, you could use exactly the same
configuration commands for blocking as your would on your primary MX, so yes
you could use a backup exim MX and achieve what you want to. The emphasis is
on *you* being in control of what gets through that backup MX.

The other option is to not accept all messages from your ISP's backup MX
by default; but to make them have to meet your standard before you accept
them. (i.e. treat your backup MX host as you would any other host)

Ollie Cook
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291