Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
[ On Wednesday, April 4, 2001 at 15:12:40 (+1200), Juha Saarinen wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
>
> My domain has backup MX provided by my ISP, which is really good for those
> moment I get it into my head to try yet another feature that hoses the
> server ;-).

That's simply not true (I'm speaking of the "really good" part, that
is). Any mail server worth receiving mail from will hold onto it
(unless you tell it to bounce it with a 5xx SMTP reply code, of course)
and retry until you fix your local mailserver and get it back online.

> I don't think the ISP would allow users to establish personal blocking
> lists, so is there a way around this with Exim?

The only way around this is in your DNS. Remove the secondary MX.

You really do not want it.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>