Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Juha Saarinen
Cc: Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Backup MX and host_reject issue
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> My domain has backup MX provided by my ISP, which is really good for those
> moment I get it into my head to try yet another feature that hoses the
> server ;-).

Is it really that useful? After all, if the only MX for your domain is
down, then stuff should just queue on the sender's system.

> I can't block spammers and other vermin with the host_reject statement
> in exim.conf.

I've seen cases where direct to MX spam seems to deliberately goes after
the back-up MXes, probably for this reason.

> I don't think the ISP would allow users to establish personal blocking
> lists, so is there a way around this with Exim?

I really think that you need to control all of the MXes for your domain.
If that means running with only one MX than that is the way to do it.

-j

[1] I am, of course, a hypocrit. I control none of the MXes for my
domain.

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html