Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc…

Autor: Dave C.
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc..

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > I need to re-implement an ISP mail system for 20,000+ users, I need to
> > suppport both POP and IMAP, need a good webmail solution, and also need
> > this to be scalable as the userbase grows.
>
> There is a new O'Reilly book on managing IMAP which discusses all of these
> issues (and describes lots of things that one can do with IMAP, and how to
> actually do them with both cyrus and UW).

Is the title "Managing IMAP" ? Or do you have the ISBN or something? I
may have a look for this. (I'd have to find it in a local bookstore
rather than online as I do not use credit cards)

I'va also had a look a Courier-imap/sqwebmail. Anyone have an opinion on
that?

> > We are currently using Linux with the normal /var/spool/mail berkely
> > mailbox format,
>
> That is about the worst (in terms of features and performance) mailbox
> format to use. the UW IMAP server only supports it because it "has to".

Agreed.