[Exim] HTML mail messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Karl Schmidt
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] HTML mail messages
As many in this group will be aware, Spammers are using HTML mail to track
to see if the e-mail is going to mail client such as Outlook - By inserting
an image (even a one pixel image will do) with a unique name for each
recipient, they can tell if the address is still valid and keep the address
on their mailing list.

I'm thinking of writing a perl script that will remove the html header or
strip out any external references so that the sender will be unaware if the
email has been viewed.

Before I start this, I'm wondering if someone else has been down the same
road, or if there is a better strategy. Any comments?

Karl Schmidt (ks150)     EMail Karl@???
Transtronics, Inc.       WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street     Ph(785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049       FAX(785) 841-0434