[Exim] Exim 3.16

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mangled
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim 3.16
Hi there

Heres the problem i am having. I would much appreciate any help Thanx
:)

About 8 months back i was using Redhat 6.0 with exim 2.10 and kernel
2.2.9 and i had no problems, i then updated to Mandrake 7.1 kernel
2.2.15 and exim 3.16, the problem i have is after say 25-30 days
i start getting the following output outputted to my screen and in my
logs as well.

Mar 28 12:45:53 mail kernel: socket: no more sockets
Mar 28 12:45:53 mail kernel: grow_inodes: inode-max limit reached
Mar 28 12:45:53 mail kernel: socket: no more sockets
Mar 28 12:45:53 mail kernel: grow_inodes: inode-max limit reached
Mar 28 12:45:53 mail kernel: socket: no more sockets

at this point exim stops delivering mail, and my whole system crashes
where i get permission denied errors and such in my logs, and also
permission denied errors or no such file or directory errors in my
exim logs, and i have no alternative but to reboot, and then after
reboot it is fine. until day 25-30 comes and it starts over again. at
first i thought it was linux / the kernel but i have 3 systems with
mandrake 7.1 , 2 of which runs exim 3.16 and the other does not, and
the one that does not is fine, so i came to the conclusion that it
must be exim, is there a way to rectify it? or should i increase my
inode-max limit ?, and if i say doubled the inode-max would then on
day 50 would i start getting this stuff again? , or is there something
else that i am missing?

Thanx

http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service
WIN R10 000 by registering for free online options for EasyMoney in
http://www.easyinfo.co.za/easymoney/wmindex.asp - Easy Does it - Now!!!