Re: [Exim] blocking senders who don't come from correct host

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking senders who don't come from correct host
*[Jeffrey Goldberg on Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 06:03:21PM -0800]:
>On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>> I want to block some emails that have a From or Sender with a
>> @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com or @aol.com, but don't appear to be from a
>> hotmail, yahoo or aol host (and are not sent from a mailing list I am

>Why don't you just block all mail that is actually from mindspring? Yes,

Earthlink / Minspring is not that bad (compared to say uunet / sprint ...) :)
Anyway, this kind of fintering will block lots of legit mail as

1. It breaks when forwarding mail accounts come into the picture
[yahoo hands off to bigfoot, bigfoot forwards to a server on which this block exists... result being mail with a yahoo envelope from bigfoot's servers]

When I was at Juno's abuse desk we had a huge problem with frontiernet / gblx doing this kind of filtering ... users of both services bitching to us.

2. There's also the issue of mail from e-greetings sites, web based feedback forms ... (or mail to web, mail to usenet gateways)

    -s