Re: [Exim] exim - sendmail problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Miquel van Smoorenburg
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim - sendmail problem
In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.1010315163342.21454G-100000@???>,
sam <sam@???> wrote:
>I have switched to Debian 2.2.r2 and am trying to use exim as my MTA.
>However, when I try to send from Mutt or Pine, I get an error which
>indicates that my sendmail.cf is not present. Of course, exim cannot
>co-exist with sendmail. But I can't find any helpful doc to help me out
>of my dilemma. Anyone with some specific ideas? (Using minicom for
>sending is a bit primitive)

In Debian, you cannot install exim and sendmail at the same time.
If something complains that there is no sendmail.cf, you are running
sendmail, and not exim.

To see what is on your system try: " dpkg -l | egrep 'exim|sendmail' "

If indeed sendmail is installed and not exim,
use " dpkg --force-depends --purge sendmail " to completely remove
sendmail, then install exim with dpkg -i exim_xx.yy-zz.deb

Or preferrably use " apt-get install exim " which will remove sendmail
and install exim in a more controlled manner.

BTW, this question is better suited to the debian-user mailinglist,
as it is more a Debian question than anything else

Mike.
--
How much net work could a network work if a network could net work ?