Re: [Exim] exim - sendmail problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: sam rosenfeld
A: Phil Pennock
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim - sendmail problem

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Phil Pennock wrote:

> > However, when I try to send from Mutt or Pine, I get an error which
> > indicates that my sendmail.cf is not present. Of course, exim cannot
> > co-exist with sendmail. But I can't find any helpful doc to help me out
> > of my dilemma. Anyone with some specific ideas? (Using minicom for
> > sending is a bit primitive)
>
> Since Exim doesn't use sendmail.cf, it looks as though you both have
> both MTAs on the system?
>
> If you want to double-check your Exim config first:
> /path/to/exim -bV
> which should print two lines -- Exim version & build information, then
> copyright. Any more, and there's a problem.
>
> If you want to verify that Exim itself works, try "exim -t":
> $ exim -t
> From: <me@???>
> To: <me@???>
> Subject: Test
>
> It's really good if I can see mail sent to the To: address.
> .
>
> The "." on a line on its own terminates the message.
>
> You can check which command mutt is trying to use, including path, by
> typing (when in the message index):
> :set ?sendmail
> (shows the current definition of that variable). Assuming
> /usr/sbin/sendmail then:
>
> # cd /usr/sbin
> # ls -l sendmail
> # mv sendmail sendmail.old && ln -s /path/to/exim sendmail
> # chmod 0 sendmail

The exim -bV was just what it's supposed to be. I sent myself mail using
exim -t and that looks OK, but I sent to myself, and I didn't have any
problem doing that earlier. So, I've got to test again. But, if you read
this My problem is probably solved. (except for one small problem -- my
real email address is "sam@???" and the From: field in my mail is
reading "From: sam@???".

Meanwhile, thanks much for your help.

sam