Re: [Exim] Exim 4: Opinion wanted on file checking

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bob Franklin
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4: Opinion wanted on file checking
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Certainly our current configuration, checking for forward files and
> > so on, accesses home directories via NFS with root-squash enabled,
> > so without this option, our current mechanism wouldn't work.
>
> I was explicitly talking about require_files. Do you use that option
> for your forwarding? I was not talking about accessing forward files -
> in Exim 4 those will normally be accessed in a process running as the
> user, and should continue to work as now (but more safely, in fact).

Ah - actually, checking again, I realise I made a minor mistake...

We do use the require_files option, but in our user_vacation director
(looking for ~/tripnote - don't ask, a historical PP thing!), not the
our userforward director.

That will also be going this Summer, but currently we do use the
'$local_part:...' syntax.

- Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@???>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK