Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup

Autor: Jerry A!
A: George Wright
CC: Dave C., 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 12:55:52PM -0500, George Wright wrote:
: Why mutt of course ;)
: I have the set sendmail= option set to /usr/sbin/exim.
:
: I haven't looked at 'set untrusted_set_sender', so I will put that
: on the list to try.

Here are the relevant snippets from my .muttrc:

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/exim -oi -oem"
set envelope_from=yes

The first line tells mutt to use exim to send the mail. The second line
tells it to make the envelope match the from header.

With most MTAs this would be enough. However, since exim is a little
more security concious (at least feature rich), you need to put this in
/etc/exim/configure (or exim.conf--depends on your setup):

set untrusted_set_sender = true

This allows exim to completely emulate sendmail/postfix/qmail-inject
"-f" behavior, which is to rewrite base on what's passed on the command
line. Mutt automagically assumes "-f" when setting the headers.

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@???           ||  ...It's much more important