[Exim-Announce] Planning for Exim 4

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-announce, exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Exim 4 Planning - some comments.
Subject: [Exim-Announce] Planning for Exim 4
[Sent to both exim-announce and exim-users. Reply-to set to exim-users.]

For some time I have been promising a document that discusses some
proposed major changes to Exim. The time has come to make the first
version of the documment available for comment. I have put it on the ftp
site:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Exim4Plan.html

The file is 60K in size and is in simple HTML (all text, no pictures).

If you are interested in the future technical development of Exim,
please read this document and send me (or the exim-users list) any
comments you may have. Even simple remarks such as "I like this idea" or
"I don't like this idea" will be useful feedback.

Philip