Re: [Exim] Changing domain in Helo Statement

Top Pagina
Auteur: Allan Rafuse
Aan: exim-users@exim.org, Philip Hazel
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Changing domain in Helo Statement
Wishful thinking. Was hoping exim would be smart enough
to save the uname somewhere, do variable expansion on the
$primary_hostname, if fails, use the secretly saved uname variable :).

Oh well, it works for the most part :) Inbound headers reflect
the mail.domain.com. Just not the outgoing Helo statements.

C'est la vie!
-Allan

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:00:32 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Allan Rafuse wrote:
>
>> DOH! Just for the record, so you understand what I was trying to do.
>> I was looking up the $sender_address_domain in our domain table. If
>> it exists, then use that domain as the "primary host", otherwise, leave it
>> blank. When exim finds it blank, it gets the value from uname.
>
>Ah, but you don't know how Exim works. That use of uname happens once,
>when it starts up, before it knows what it is going to do, and certainly
>before it has a message to deliver and values like $sender_host_name set
>up. As well as assuming expansion, you were assuming expansion *every
>time primary_hostname is used*.
>
>> All our domains have proper DNS setups, so they resolve. I was trying
>> to make our mail server act as it was 1000 different mail servers.
>>
>> Thanks for the help, guess I'll quit trying to change the Helo string :(
>
>There is already a request on the Wish List for this facility, but I'm
>afraid I didn't get to it for the 3.20 release, even though it is a
>small item. Time ran away, as it does. Maybe next time...
>
>--
>Philip Hazel            University of Cambridge Computing Service,
>ph10@???      Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.

<- Allan Rafuse ->
Systems Administrator
Freeview Publishing Inc.