Re: [Exim] Canned clue?

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Canned clue?
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 09:44:46AM +0000,
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> is thought to have said:

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > Someone on here once had posted a canned clue-brick type of message
> > that they used to send to admins who had either accidentally or
> > intentionally disabled reception of MAIL FROM:<> , but I cant seem to
> > find it.
>
> 'Twas I. Here is is again.

And unfortunately it doesn't even help sometimes. My most recent attempt
at educating the clueless met with resounding failure:

> Yes we do refuse mail from <>. There is no reason to accept it from an
> unknown sender.
>
> Also if you would please notice the reason given is that we are trying
> to reduce unwanted spam. If you are trying to send mail to us that is
> unsolicited spam mail then I am very glad it is working and has stopped
> you.
>
> Have a nice day.

And when I tried to inform him that he was doing his users a disservice
by blocking bounce messages destined to him, and wasn't actually doing
anything to block spam with this:

> Sir, our mail server has been setup this way for 3 years and this is
> the first time anyone has said anything to us about this. I see no
> reason to change the way we operate because one mail server has a
> problem with ours.

*sigh*

Tabor
Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality