Re: [Exim] Exim does unwanted DNS lookups for LAN (SOLVED)

Author: Moritz Schulte
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim does unwanted DNS lookups for LAN (SOLVED)
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

Hi Philip,

[run-time option to control the use of IPv6 functions?]

> I didn't think of this happening. From my point of view, I'm producing
> source distributions, and people who want to use IPv6 must set HAVE_IPV6
> when they build Exim - if someone does that, you kind of expect them to
> want Exim to do IPv6 things and to set their hosts up so that it
> works.

Now, as IPv6 is becoming more popular, GNU/Linux Distributions, for
example Debian, enable IPv6 at compile time. IMHO the point is that
users shouldn't need to compile their own Exim, just to let Exim
exactly do what they want. Sure, it would be better and nicer if they
could use the "standard" package without recompilation.

[...]
> I will make this change in due course, but not in a hurry.

I'll see if I can help...

        bye,
    moritz
--