Re: [Exim] Mysql issues

Author: robert rotman
To: Guillaume Finance
CC: Exim Group
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mysql issues
On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Guillaume Finance wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Regarding the performance, if my email server is a Pentium II 400 MHz, 128
> Mb RAM - Slackware 7 Linux, is it gonna be fine running Mysql for email
> account information storage ?
> Currently I have 30 email accounts approx - what could be the limit of email
> accounts with my configuration ? (taking into account an average for the
> traffix generated by an email account)

it depends on the configuration, what else is running on the
machine as well as of the ammount of mails running throu the machine and
many more.
i guess a popserver would eat up more performance than exim.

if you run other software on your computer like webserver, ftpserver
i would think of an hardware upgrade at about 2.000 accounts.

robert