Re: [Exim] Mysql issues

Author: robert rotman
To: Guillaume Finance
CC: Exim Group
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mysql issues
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Guillaume Finance wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I currently use Exim 3.03 with files (lsearch) to store the localdomains, system aliases, virtual aliases,etc...
> I'm configuring Exim 3.16 to use Mysql database to ease the management of the email accounts (i.e. manage it on a web interface using PHP4).
>
> My first question : Does Mysql decrease the performance of Exim through the database queries, etc... ?

shortly yes, but it depnds on your setup.
what's your system like?
how many mails do you serve?

> My second question is about my configure file. I've taken the working configure file which is using lsearch. I've tried to modify it to make it work with Mysql.
> My Mysql database is called Exim, the user that has access to this database is admin, and the password is test.
> The table localdomains has a unique field, name, which is a local domain.
>
> For the local_domains statement, I've used the following:
>
> mysql_servers = localhost/exim/admin/test
> local_domains = localhost:mysql;select namefrom localdomains

you should rathjer use somthing like:
mysql;select name from localdomains where name='${quote_mysql::$key}'

RTFM about this!

> Although I don't get any error message when I run exim, it return a Mail delivery message when I test it.
> What's wrong?

what says "exim -d2 msg-id" if you have messages in the queue?
what's about the panic_log?

robert