RE: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as …

Author: David Searles
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as a temporary fail...
I'm not asking to change the SMTP specification OR to implement new features
in exim. I'd just like to know if we (just our little corner of the exim
user community) can choose to treat 550's as temporary failures, because in
our configuration with our ISP that's exactly what they are; temporary. When
a message receives a 550, if I immediately send it again it is always
accepted.

I had hoped some type of retry rule (or similar) could deal with this
situation. From what I've read in the docs, it appears the retry rules deal
with connection failures and other transient errors only.