Re: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as …

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as a temporary failure
[ On Wednesday, November 22, 2000 at 11:14:12 (-0500), David Searles wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as a temporary failure
>
> Because Exim correctly processes these as permanent errors, my users get
> delivery failure notifications and I must try to explain the problem and
> then ask them to re-send the messages (pretty embarassing!).

You didn't say very much about why you're tied to this current ISP, or
why you've got to use their authorised outbound relay How about changing
ISPs and finding one that gives you raw IP access so that you don't have
to use an authorised out-bound relay?

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>