Re: [Exim] alias query

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Torsten Curdt
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] alias query
On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> We are moving to a LDAP base config.
> Before we had an alias file entry
>
> all:    tcurdt,someoneelse,anotherone,wholestaff

> How can this be achieved with an
> LDAP query? I tried:

IANALE (as I always say when attempting to answer LDAP queries). So this
may not be entirely right, but...

> # sendmail -bt all@???
> all@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
> search_find deferred: LDAP search: too many (20) results (filter not
> specific enough)

This error means that the query returned multiple records. If you
actually want this, use ldapm instead of ldap.

> Looks like the query is more of a boolean
> condition that fails or succeeds with 1 result.

No. It returns a string. But the basic "ldap" lookup type gives an error
if more than one record is found - 'cause in simple cases that's likely
to be a problem.