Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to …

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to postmaster
++ 21/11/00 12:14 +0000 - Philip Hazel:
>> I know. I know. But, if i understand this correctly i will need to have
>> _two_ smartuser directors?
>>
>> The first one, with the 'sender' option set to those addresses of
>> unknown users that should only be forwarded to the postmaster and no
>> other options. The second one will get the remaining unkown users and
>> will forward them to the postmaster and (with the unseen option) sent
>> out a bounce for it. This is correct?
>
>Yes.

No, not exactly. I don't need the 'senders' option, as i want to test
the local_part of the recipient (all mail to unkown local users should
both be forwarded to the postmaster and bounced, unless the address of
the unknown user matches a regexp in which case it should be forwarded
to the postmaster only). I'll need to do this with a 'condition' i
think.

This is from the config file:

  luser_relay:
    driver = smartuser
    condition = "${if match {$local_part}{4.*(f|r|m|a)\.rejo} {yes}{no} }"
    new_address = rejo@???

  luser_relay_n_bounce:
    driver = smartuser
    unseen = true
    new_address = rejo@???

So, the first one should catch mail addressed to
<4963006438f.rejo@???>. If i run

# sendmail -v -bt -d 2
Exim version 3.16 debug level 2 uid=0 gid=0
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: DB 2.4.14: (6/2/98)
Caller is an admin user
Caller is a trusted user
> 4963006438f.rejo

  system_aliases director: lsearch key=4963006438f.rejo
    file="/etc/aliases"
  system_aliases director declined for 4963006438f.rejo:
  majordomo_aliases director: lsearch key=4963006438f.rejo
    file="/var/lib/majordomo/lists/lists.aliases"
  majordomo_aliases director declined for 4963006438f.rejo:
  luser_relay director called for 4963006438f.rejo@???
  luser_relay director generated rejo@???
    errors_to=NULL transport=NULL
    uid=unset gid=unset home=NULL
  luser_relay director: error for 4963006438f.rejo
    message: <none>
  system_aliases director: lsearch key=rejo
    file="/etc/aliases"
  system_aliases director declined for rejo:
  [...]

I don't understand what is happening here. The address gets tested if
it can be delivered by the various directors. It does not match the
luser_relay director (why not?) and than the entire thing repeats, with
'rejo' as local_part.

TIA,

    -Rejo.

--