Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to …

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to postmaster
++ 15/11/00 21:18 -0800 - Jeffrey Goldberg:
>> I want a copy of any incoming emails addressed to unknown users to go
>> to postmaster. I added this to the DIRECTORS section of my exim.conf:

[driver = smartuser]
>> This works fine, but with one side-effect. I STILL want the sender to
>> receive the bounced email
>
>Add
>
> unseen
>
>to your director.

Is there also, additionally, the possibility to have certain addresses,
matching a pattern, to be excluded from this unseen option?

The reason (not important to most of you): i'm using a lot of Usenet
spamtraps [1] to which i get a lot of spam addressed to and sometimes
replies from non-spammers. I don't want to generate bounces from these
addresses (the bounces won't have any effect because spammers are
forging headers), and i don't want non-spammers to be sent a bounce.

Now, what i would need, ideally, is to have mail to unknown user to be
sent to the postmaster and bounced unless it matches the pattern
defining spamtraps in which case it only should be delivered to the
postmaster.

    -Rejo.

[1] http://www.sisterray.nl/abuse/spamtraps.html

--