Re: [Exim] LDAP, AUTH, PAM and Lookups

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Barry Pederson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LDAP, AUTH, PAM and Lookups
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Barry Pederson wrote:

> If there are no easy workarounds, I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile to add
> another type of LDAP lookup to Exim, specifically for looking up DNs,
> something like ${lookup ldapdn {...}}. I'd be willing to take a stab at this
> if no-one has an easier idea.

It seems like a plausible requirement, though I know very little about
LDAP, and do not use it myself. A better approach than another lookup
type might be to add another pre-request option like the USER= and PASS=
ones. But I don't know if there's a suitable LDAP call to look up the
DN. I guess there ought to be...