Re: [Exim] variable From:

Author: Dave C.
To: der.hans
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] variable From:
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, der.hans wrote:

> Am 20. Nov, 2000 schw?zte Dave C. so:
>
> > You could also tell pine to inject the messages via SMTP instead of
> > locally (as would likely be the case if you were setting up for an ISP
> > supporting users who might have multiple addresses)..
>
> Tried that and that didn't fix it either. In setting this up in the near
> future it would be in an office situation where there would be a mix of
> using the MTA as a smarthost for client machines and people sshing to the
> mail server to use pine/mutt locally. The first way is probably the more
> intelligent way to handle mail :).

For non-technical end-users, yes.. Personally I couldnt stand to use
POP (or even IMAP), or anything other than pine..

> OK, found a workaround. This is in pine, not exim. Before I get the addy

Ah yes.. I got bit by that also.. You have to use a role to set the
envole sender.. Setting the From header by itself will not do it..