[Exim] variable From:

Author: der.hans
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] variable From:
moin, moin,

I use the roles feature from pine extensively. Up until recently I have
used postfix at my MTA. I've switched to exim and have started noticing a
new problem.

I send mail with different Froms and have been getting responses
(especially from list subscription bots) to the email addy in my sig that
doesn't appear anywhere in my mail headers (that I can tell).

The address that gets the replies isn't in exim.conf or a destination in
/etc/aliases (it points to my real login ID).

lufthans@spliff:~/mail$ grep hans /etc/exim.conf
trusted_users = mail:lufthans:sylvie
lufthans@spliff:~/mail$

I have searched the web site and the mail archives, but not found a
solution.

Here's the headers from a test piece of mail.