Re: [Exim] variable From:

Author: der.hans
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] variable From:
Am 20. Nov, 2000 schwäzte Dave C. so:

> I'm assuming this is your personal workstation. I have a similar

While it is my personal box at home, I'm trying to set it up properly.

> setup.. The problem is probably not the sig, but the "Sender:" header

At first I thought it was due to Sender: as that's what I'd run into
before, but Sender: is now being set to my login ID at a hostname that's
only available behind my firewall. The mail listbots are responding to
another address that doesn't appear to be in the message headers. I don't
know enough about SMTP to know what's appearing in the envelope headers,
though this seems to be where the problem must be being introduced.

> that exim adds.. My solution was to just add headers_remove=Sender to
> the appropriate transport(s).. You would definately only want to do

I will try this and see if it fixes the problem. After that I can continue
working on why that fixes it :).

> this on a box that wasnt serving mail for lots and lots of users..

Potentially, it might end up doing that. More potentially I will be
setting up mail servers to do this in commercial environments and I want
to make sure I know how.

danke,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@??? home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Opnix.com
# Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,