Re: [Exim] exim through gateway?

Author: Roger Burton West
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim through gateway?
On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 11:18:51PM -0600, ktb wrote:
>Do I have to do anything special to make it work
>through the gateway (NAT)? Are there any good (easy to follow) docs
>describing my scenario?

You shouldn't need to do anything strange at all. In the Debian
eximconfig, select a stand-alone system; and make sure the firewall
allows outgoing connections to port 25.

For receiving mail via SMTP (this is an unusual thing for an ISP to
offer, are you sure you want it?) make sure the firewall allows incoming
connections to port 25 on your mailserver.

You don't describe what problems you're having, so it's a little hard to
give any more information than this.

Roger

--
Matthew, you are hereby condemned to an enternity of listening to the
Minogue sisters singing in duet, and may $DEITY have mercy on your